Sunday is my new favorite TV night which can only be attributed to Once Upon A Time. I have been counting down the days to the Season 2 premiere, and I'm happy to say I was not disappointed. Here are my observations from Broken.
- The episode began with a young man walking on the streets of New York City. Dressed in business attire and listening to music via his iPhone he looks like your average New Yorker. He arrives as his residence, definitely not the lap of luxury, and drops his cell phone from an opened window. Suddenly a dove lands with a postcard attached to his foot. The postcard is from Storybrooke and simply reads "Broken." Hopefully we will find out his identity soon, but personally I think it's Baelfire, Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold's son.
- Back in Storybrooke, the curse has been broken and everyone is remembering their fairytale past. I actually teared up when Snow was reunited with the seven dwarfs - the sweetest scene from this episode.
- Snow & Charming were expecting to reunite as a big happy family, judging by the look on Emma's face - she's not so sure. She was really upset with her parents because she thinks they should have kept her with them. Here's just one of the problems with that, time has stopped in Storybrooke so Emma would have never had a 28th birthday - so the curse would have never been broken.
- Dr. Whale lead the angry mob to Regina's house to kill the Evil Queen, and of course the Charming family has to save the day...Henry did ask Emma not to hurt Regina (and let's face it we would stop watching because we do love to hate Regina). The moment when Her Majesty tried to use her magic and it didn't work was priceless!! Two things here #1 Who is Dr. Whale in Fairytale Land??? #2 Despite Emma being billed as their savior, I think the true heroine of the show is Mary Margaret/Snow.
- What is up with the Dementors/Wraith?? The first thing I thought was "Hello, Harry Potter is not a classic fairytale!!" After the Wraith takes Philip's soul Mulan gives Aurora the medallion, I think this is significant - perhaps it may help bring Philip back to life later in the season... May be wishful thinking on my part, but Happily Ever After should last longer than a few hours.
- While we are talking about Fairytale Land, why was one corner of the kingdom not effected by "The Curse" and is this the secret to returning everyone in Storybrooke home? I wonder who else is there and how this will effect things in Storybrooke, now that the magic is back I look for these two world to eventually collide.
- Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin such an interesting character, probably even more so than Regina. The twist of making him Belle's "Beast" makes you wonder if she will bring out the good in him like she did in the fairytale. Just when you think he's not so bad, he does something to convince you otherwise. While we are talking about Mr. Gold, don't forget Emma still owes him a favor...
- My biggest "Oh My God" moment was of course when Emma & Snow went through the portal into Fairytale Land. Such an unexpected twist!! One of the reasons I love this show so much is the twists and turns, nothing is insignificant.
Of course I DVR's the episode so I can watch it again to see what I may have missed. Sunday's Episode is We Are Both, here's ABC's official synopsis:
What did you think of Once Upon A Time's Season 2 Premiere? Leave a comment here or on my Facebook page, I would love to hear from you.
Have a Magical Day!!