Welcome to those of you joining me from My Dreams of Disney and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 2nd stop on our Magical Blogorail.
First of all, is there a time when it is not perfect to be at Disney? NO - a bad day at Disney is better than a great day anywhere else!! That being said, I have been in January in record breaking cold and in July when Florida is hot & muggy. Of the two I will take hot & muggy any day. I hate cold, not dislike, HATE!! So looking at the two times that I have been I certainly would choose Summer!!
Let's look at the reasons why, shall we...
- Utilize the pool - Disney had put a lot of thought and effort into designing their resort pool areas. I would recommend you take advantage of them while you are there. They are also great for an afternoon break from the parks.
- Mickey Bars taste better when it's hot - That's right, it's been scientifically proved. Plus it's much more fun to eat a Mickey Bar when you have to worry about it melting if you don't eat it fast enough.
- School's out - I know you are going to say that you could take your child out of school for vacation. I look at it this way, if the teacher is going to make my child write an essay about what he learned while at Disney that means it's not really a vacation, it's research. While I would love to get paid to go to Disney for research, I don't want my child to have to do homework on vacation.
- Sandals - That's right, sandals. If you wear sandals your feet have to look good, a great excuse to get a cute pedicure (may as well get a manicure while you're at it). I'm always looking for a good reason to have my feet done.
- Wet rides - Please see the note above about how I HATE cold. There is no way I am going to ride Kali River Rapids and walk around freezing the rest of the day. When you get splashed on a hot afternoon, it's quite refreshing!!
- Longer days - The parks stay open later in the Summer, because the days are longer. This means more hours in the day to enjoy the parks.
While Summer is my favorite time to visit, I do dream of waking up Christmas Morning in The Happiest Place On Earth!! It's on the bucket list, we shall see...
We would love to hear you, hop on over to our Facebook page and let us know when you like to visit Disney!!
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Colorado Mountain Mom.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ My Dream’s Of Disney
2nd Stop ~ Disney Donna Kay (you are here)
3rd Stop ~ Colorado Mountain Mom
4th Stop ~ A World View
Final Stop ~ Growing Up Disney