Remember the Chevrolet commercial - Hot Dogs, Base Ball, Apple Pie & Chevrolet? Well these I have incorporated these true American icons into a fun party, and added my favorite American icon - Mickey Mouse!! My philosophy is to keep the food simple at these get-together so the hostess can relax and enjoy herself too. The food here can easily be prepared ahead of time.
Disney 4th of July Bash Board
- Star Spangled Drink Tubs - I love the look of these cute star covered red tubs, and especially love the way they used one as a base to rise the other filled with ice and drinks.
- American Garland - Great DIY garland from the craft queen herself - Martha Stewart!
- Patriotic Twizzlers - How fun are these Twizzlers wrapped with patriotic paper. Easy quick treat for the kids to grab while they are waiting for the meal.
- Hot Dog Bar - Depending on what part of the USA you grew up in, we all like our hot dogs prepared a little differently. From traditional mustard and onions to Chicago dogs to Coneys, set up a "Build You Own Hot Dog" station with relish, mustard, onions, pickles, peppers, chili, cheese, ect. Serve them in the retro red and yellow plastic baskets for a nostalgic feel.
- Patriotic Mickey & Minnie Buttons - Your favorite Disney characters in red, white and blue to celebrate America!
- Uncle Sam Mickey Shirt - Dress the kids in this cute Uncle Sam Mickey t-shirt! They will be comfortable and cute!!
- Flag Mickey - Download this printable Flag Mickey and use it on cupcake toppers or as wall decor.
- Uncle Sam Mickey - Print this cute Mickey and use it to label your food or as a water bottle label.
- 4th Tablescape - A truly American table for sure, and simple to pull off! An iconic red and white checkered table cloth with a simple American Flag centerpiece with great red, white and blue paper lanterns.
- Star Spangled Fruit Salad - Mix blueberries, strawberries and watermelon cut into star shapes for a wonderfully patriotic fruit salad.
- Mickey Wreath - This wreath reminds me of fireworks, it's a great way to welcome guests to the party.
- Red, White & Blue Strawberries - Everyone loves dipped strawberries!! I think the blue sanding sugar makes these perfect!! Make a day or two in advance and store them in the refrigerator to save you time on the morning of your party.
- Pretzel Sparklers - Dipped pretzels are a definite favorite of my husband! There's something special about salty and sweet together isn't there?
- Apple Pies - This cute apple pies are cooked in an apple shell, these are baked in a Granny Smith apple, but you could easily use a Macintosh or Fuji to match the color scheme.
- Mickey Confetti - Confetti adds fun to any table, and this red, white and blue confetti with Mickey icons and stars is perfect for your 4th of July table.
I also loved these cute Fire Cracker Cookies from Cookin' Cowgirl!
And you can't have a backyard barbecue without lemonade. I liked this twist on a classic from Honey and Butter - Watermelon Lemonade. By the way, if you want a fun drink for the kids, freeze Koolaid into cubes, place them in a glass and fill the glass with Sprite. As the "ice" melts it will change the flavor of the Sprite.
Just one more!! A little surprise for everyone to take home from Good Housekeeping. Fill these DIY Firecracker Favors with red, white and blue candy and set them on a table so guests take one to go as they head home.
With these fun ideas you will be ready to host the July 4th festivities this year. Remember to keep it simple, and do as much ahead of time as possible so you can enjoy the day too!
Have a Magical Day!!