Red and white should dominate the color palate for this party, for instance just look at this gorgeous candy buffet table. Yes, it is very extravagant for a child's party, but it serves as great inspiration when planning your own.
A great activity for everyone at the party is flying kites, just like the Banks children do in the movie. They also make great party favors for the guests! Here are great instructions for making your own kites, just let the guests decorate them as they wish.
Now, on to the party board.
Mary Poppins Party Board
- Penguin Cupcake Toppers - These little penguins are too cute!! You can even buy cupcakes made with white icing from your local bakery and just pop them in. How easy is that??
- Wooden Bird Whistles - The party guests can use these cute whistles to talk to the birds, just like Mary.
- Spoonful of Sugar - I saw lots of chocolate filled and candy coated spoons, but I fell in love with these spoons with sugared cake balls!!
- Red & White Paper Straws - Easy way to make everything put together, coordinating red & white striped paper goods.
- Stuffed Penguin - This adorable stuffed penguin waiter from Disney is great as part of the decor or as a cute party favor.
- Mary Poppins Silhouette Invitation - This invitation is so simple and cute, and it coordinates perfectly with the skyline wall decor.
- Skyline & Mary Poppins Silhouette - Made from black cardstock, this skyline and silhouette are easy to cut by hand or use your Cricut or Silhouette. It would also make a great table runner.
- Tea Party Table with Umbrellas - Personally, I wouldn't choose pastels for this particular party, but I love the umbrellas hung upside down filled with flowers. Very clever decorating!! Using a tea party theme is another great idea.
- Carousel Dessert Table - Love this carousel table, it has some great details. I especially like the scalloped roof. Again, I would brighten up the color pallet a bit - but I love the concept.
- Mary Poppins Hat Cake - For this particular party, I had a difficult time finding a great cake. I knew I had a winner when I came across this gorgeous replica of Mary Poppin's hat.
- Penguin Cake Pops - Bakerella has done it again!! These adorable penguin cake pops are from her book - Cake Pops.
- Mary Poppins Costume - This particular costume is very expensive, but I love the idea of the kids dressing like Mary & Bert.
- Red & White Stripped Cups - Easy way to make everything put together, coordinating red & white striped paper goods.
- Red & White Stripped Treat Bags - Easy way to make everything put together, coordinating red & white striped paper goods.
- Sidewalk Chalk - Remember when Mary and the children go into the sidewalk chalk scene that Bert drew? Have the guests draw their own fun scene and pretend to play in it. Great exercise for the kids imagination and body.
There's one more thing we just have to show you that we fell in love with from the Disney Store. Replicas of Mary Poppins umbrella and carpet bag.
They are practically perfect in every way, just like all of you guys!! Hope you enjoyed our Mary Poppins Party Board, be sure to let us know if you have a Mary Poppins party, we would love to see pictures!!
Have a Magical Day!!
Ashley & Donna Kay