No work for me yesterday, it was time for my annual mammogram. This week in lieu of Mentoring Mondays, I wanted to take a moment and ask all of you great Disney friends - is your mammogram (or your wife's) up to date? Here are a few facts about breast cancer to remind you why it's so important:
Breast Cancer Facts
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women.
- One in every eight women in the United States develops breast cancer.
- There are many types of breast cancer that differ in their capability of spreading (metastasize) to other body tissues.
- The causes of breast cancer are not yet fully known although a number of risk factors have been identified.
- There are many different types of breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is diagnosed with physician and self-examination of the breasts, mammography, ultrasound testing, and biopsy.
- Treatment of breast cancer depends on the type of cancer and its stage (the extent of spread in the body).
According to the American Cancer society:
- Over 200,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer are diagnosed each year.
- Nearly 40,000 women will die of breast cancer in 2011.
- There are over 2.5 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
- A woman should have a baseline mammogram between the 35 and 40 years of age. Between 40 and 50 years of age, mammograms are recommended every other year. After 50 years of age, yearly mammograms are recommended.
So please, for all of your family, friends, and Disney family - schedule you appointment today!!
Now on a very different note - I promised to share my completed Pinterest project from last week's post - DIY Tray. Ash & I finished it up on Saturday night.
Has something on Pinterest inspired you to be creative? Be sure to share your Pinterest Inspiration on my friend Amy's Pinspiration Blog Hop every Monday at her blog - Disney Living!!
Have a Magical Day!!