Who doesn't love Nemo, Marlin, Dory and all of the other great characters from Finding Nemo? Summer is almost here ( I think it has already arrived here in South Alabama) and it's the perfect time to throw a water themed, outdoor party.
Keep the table simple, and I recommend a blue or turquoise plastic tablecloth - it makes for quick and easy clean up. Contrast the blue of the tablecloth with white or green plates and cups. You can mark each child's spot at the table with a cute place card aquarium (see #13 below). Use the same color pallet for your food table using clear or white serving platters and bowls. To help the kids feel like they are spending the day in the ocean with Nemo and Friends you could add a bubble blowing machine to the mix.
Finding Nemo Party Board
- Finding Nemo Cookies - If I could create cookies that look like these, I would quit my day job!! These cookies are so cute and match the theme perfectly!
- Cake - I love the colors and under the sea feel of this cake with it's aquatic plant life and starfish. It's not over the top character filled like some cakes can be.
- Candy Display - Clear apothecary jars filled with candy in different hues of blue, this candy station is simple but cute. It also does double duty as decoration and a great party favor for the kids!
- Fish Party Favor - This adorable fish reminds me of the ones you won at the fair as a kid, but the other parents aren't going to hate you - this fish is made of soap!! This is definitely one of my favorite party favors ever!!
- Nemo Bounce House - This bouncy house is a great way to keep the kids busy during the party. If your local vendor doesn't have a Finding Nemo house check for fish, whales or any under the sea creature!!
- Drawstring Favor Bag - I love that this drawstring bag is gender neutral! It's a great way for kids to get their party favors home.
- Bruce Watermelon - "Fish are friends - not food..." I loved Bruce and his friends - the vegetarian sharks- from the movie!! Anchor, Bruce and Chum would all love this watermelon carved to look like a shark and filled with seasonal fruit.
- Fabric Jellyfish - Quite possibly my favorite thing about this party board - the jellyfish!! The ones pictured here are filled with lavendar - but for the party decorations you could easily recreate them and fill them with polyfill. They are so cute you could even hang them in your child's room after the party is over.
- Invitation - Marlin and Dory adorn this great party invitation - it is a great way to set the tone for a fabulous party.
- Fishy Cooler - Why didn't I ever think of this? This blow up pool is such a great way to keep drinks cool on a hot summer day!! And this fish is PERFECT for the theme!!
- Fish Kabobs - These fish kabobs are so sweet and easy!! Just buy decorated gummy fish and put them on a skewer, can you get any easier than that??
- Squirt Cupcakes - Love how much these little guys look like Squirt!! And you can make them your self and choose the birthday boy or girl's favorite flavor. These are simple enough they can even help you out if they want.
- Aquarium Place Cards - Another great idea from Celebrate (love this magazine). Simple plastic fish bowls filled with M&M's in shades of blue with a school of Goldfish added. It is so cute and simple, and it could act as a simple centerpiece if you choose.
Now for some fun activitites. A clown fish pinata is sure to be a hit with the kids, fill it with salt water taffy and individual packages of gummy worms and Swedish Fish, they have their cute drawstring Nemo bad to carry all the candy home in. They will also love playing "Gill Says" - it's just like Simon Says except you say Gill in place of Simon. How about a game of "Bruce" - The birthday child starts the game as Bruce the Shark, and he stands in the middle of the room. The other children are the 'fish' who have to run past 'Bruce' to the other side of the room. If 'Bruce' tags one of the fish, then the fish must hold hands with Bruce to make a bigger shark. Keep doing this until there is only one fish left. The last fish is the winner.
Hope you enjoyed today's party board!! If you have a Finding Nemo party and use any of our ideas, we would love to see pictures!!
Have a Magical Day!!
Ashley & Donna Kay