Ashley had a Candy Bar at her wedding so we have lots of jars and candy dishes around the house. I decided to start small and use a candy dish to make my first Pinterest creation.
First I gathered everything I needed:
Now wash and dry your candy dish and candle stick, be sure they are dust free and totally dry. Next be sure you are in a well ventilated area, the E-6000 has a very strong odor and you don't need to breathe it in. I used my stove top, which I protected with a place mat and plastic shopping bag.
Next I applied the E-6000 glue to the top of the candle stick, a little of this glue goes a long way, don't use too much.
It turned out adorable, but stupid me forgot to take a picture when I cleared my stove to cook dinner. I will post the final product tonight after dinner. Later than I had expected but here is the final product.
A couple of pointers:
- for your first try use items bought at the dollar store, if you mess up you won't be out much money
- place your jar/candy dish on the candle stick to see if it looks right before you use glue
- don't limit this to jars, I am going to make a cake stand using a glass plate & a candle stick
- experiment with colors too, silver and white are always easy to match and look timeless
- this glue has a very strong odor, and is harmful if inhaled, use outside whenever possible, but I used my exhaust fan to be sure all was safe while I made my dish
Thanks for hosting this blog hop Amy!! I am sure it's going to be lots of fun, I can't wait to see what everyone has done.
Have a Magical Day!!